dismantle bamboo scaffold while opera (traditional Chinese) over ℹ 戲歇棚拆
bare chest & expose arms hian胸落胳
broken up affection 梟情絕義
do a favor 好心好想
Proverb (Riddle Phrases)
proverb (riddle phrases) 歇後語
going through a checkpoint with a complimentary pass----do a hypocritical favor 過關送文憑----做人情
lantern wraped by oxhide----lighting up inside (self-awareness) 牛皮燈籠----肚內光
Conversation Topic VII:Going To The Doctor
going to the doctor (consulting the doctor) 問先生
doctor 先生
patient 病人
Good morning! What’s your problem? 你好!個人底塊孬?(唔舒服)
I come to see you as I’ve been having headaches, dizziness and I feel nauseous, since I woke up this morning. 眠起早走起,覺得個頭痛痛、暈暈、欲嘔欲嘔。猛猛來診所睇你。
Nurse, please take the temperature. 護士,先個伊探熱。
104°C, you’re having a temperature. Do you have cough? How about your bowel habit? 一百零四度,會燒。豈會cêg?大便豈會正常?
I've cough, runny and stuffy nose, and sore throat, with some diarrhea. 有cêg,還流鼻、鼻塞塞、佮喉嚨痛,還有滴仔漏。
I’ll examine you. 我個你檢查一下。
You're having a cold. I’ll give you an injection, and give you a prescription for some flu medicine and cough mixture. 你是感著。我先個你拍支針,再開感冒藥佮cêg藥水乞你。
I don’t want the injection. It’s really painful! 我勿拍針,拍針痛死!
Injection can speed up your recovery. 拍針幺猛好。
No, I'll get the prescription only! 勿。好孬凈食藥就好?
Then, I'll write a 2-day sick certificate for work. hia我寫兩日假期乞你在內休息。
Do I need to take an X-ray? 豈著拍片?
I’ve checked your lungs, there’s no serious problem. 早頭有聽診,你個肺無事。
Oh…right, please take plenty of water, and avoid fried food. hên著,還著食加撮水,暫時勿食浮個物件。
Thank you, doctor. 㩼謝你。
Please wait outside, the nurse will give you the prescribed medicines, and the sick certificate. Goodbye. 你去外畔等一下,護士藥挈好就叫你。醫師紙也做一下乞你。寬行。
If I'm not getting better after taking the medicines, what should I do? 如果藥食了還{不會}好,做呢物?
If you don’t get better in 2 days, I’m afraid you must be taken to hospital for an operation. 如果兩日藥食了還{不會}好,就著即時入醫院做手術。
consecutive events that happen sensibly, for example: 1) A group is to be dismissed on job completion. 2) A cup tea is getting cold when all people gone.